Skip to main content

Flower Tutorial - Paper/Cardstock Daisy

Flower Tutorial - Paper Daisy

Hi Folks.  Im back with another flower tutorial for you all.  "About time" I hear you say (or maybe not!!).  You will see from the photos above its a Daisy.  I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die but you can cut your own thin petalled shaped flowers or use a different type of die or punch with similar petals.  Lets get to it.

Firstly and like always........ I'd like to apologise for the state of my hands and nails, but crafting is a messy business and I do get messy. And when you have long nails, well, they are my tweezers half the time so they are gonna get mucky too, Lol.  Its half the fun, hee hee. 

Heres what you need.
1. Die cut 3 small and 3 of the 2nd biggest flower
You will need Tim Holtz Tattered florals die or cut your own similar to photo 1 above, 
card stock, 
glue, 
embossing tool or pen end, 
yellow ink pad or marker,
A piece of foam or the back of a mouse mat.
Daisy Tutorial - What you need to do
2. Ink flower centres of large flower and ink the whole of the
 small flowers
Photo 2.  Use a yellow ink pad or marker to colour both complete sides of the small flowers and just one side and the centres of the large flowers.
3. Cut small slits on all the small flower petals
Photo 3. Cut small slits in each petal of the small flowers down to near the middle, but not quite. Do this to all three small flowers. 
4. Emboss the centres of the small flowers in a circular motion
Photo 4. Use a ball tool or end of a pen and a soft surface such as foam or the back of a mouse mat, press into the centre of each small flower to shape.  You may find using the stylus or pen in a circular motion helps pull up the petals.  But a good old press into the centre will do just as good

5. Place glue into the centres and stack the small flowers on
 top of one another to make your daisy centre
6.  Arrange the flower centre
Photo 5 & 6.  Place a blob of glue into the centre of 2 of the flowers and stack all 3, one on top of the other.  Arrange the flower centres to look like flower stemen. Photo 6.

7. Emboss around large petals
Photo 7.   Turn over your largest flowers and using a small ball tool, lightly emboss around the centre and edge of each petal. I have drawn the embossing lines on a petal to show you where to emboss. See the photo above.  
This will shape the petals and gives them a lovely design too.  Do this to all petals on all 3 flowers.
8. Turn the flowers over and press/emboss flower centres
Photo 8. Turn over the large flowers and using a large ball tool or end of a pen, press into each centre of the flowers and emboss the centre in a circular motion.  This will help lift nd shape the petals and give an even centre so each flower can be stacked on top of one another

9. Glue and stack together
Photo 9. Placing glue in the centre of the large flowers, stack them up on top of each other alternating the petals. 
10.  Add glue to centre and place flower centres
Photo 10. Glue the small flowers into the middle of your large daisy. Fluff up and arrange your petals and stamen and voila...you have your daisy.   I added these leaves which I simply cut out of card, then on the back I embossed lines to look like the leaves veins and used a green ink colour them.  You can see how the ink has picked up the vein lines and they appear darker.  I think its a very effective technique and makes beautiful leaves.
Heres the finished product

Here is a picture of the flower on a wee thank you card.

Simple little Thank you card
These really are extremely easy flowers to make.  In fact you could pretty much follow the photos alone and not need any of my written instructions.
Try these flowers for yourself and see what you think. 

NOTE ON MAKING DIFFERENT FLOWERS - You good even use different colours for the flowers and call them Gerbera's.

Hope you have fun making them and as always....any questions, just holler.  Thanks for having a look and any comments are greatly received.

Toodles Noodles....Loops xx

Would you like to buy me a coffee which helps me maintain this blog so I can make bigger and better content, simply click on the image or copy the link below.  No pressure at all, its just if you want to.  Cheers big ears!

Comments

  1. wow! Thanks for the tutorial Lee.
    lovely flowers I will try that too for my project.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, your daisies are fab! Hugs, kissinia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tutorial Lee and flower's are gorgeous
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow hun, fabulous, so clear instructions and fabby piccies, love your long nails wish I had some of those mine break at nothing lol,

    oh and love the flower too, nearly forgot to say that he he, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww Lee...... another fab tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing your 'how to's...' these are beautiful flowers!
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ли , спасибо за учебник !Так просто и такие красивые цветы !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is absolutely fantastic..I'll be trying them. I'm hoping to go to the Belfast Craft Fair but not sure which day..probably Saturday. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lee,your daises are gorgeous,thanks for another fab tutorial.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic tutorial lee.they look stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this daisy. Looks like I'm going to have to get this Tim Holtz die. You make them look so easy to make. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the daisy, so fab Lee, I cant wait to give these a go.
    Thank you for the tutorial.
    I love the Tim Holtz tattered florals die, I use it all the time.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab tutorial, those daisies look great x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fab tutorial! The middle of the daisys are awesome! Dont think I have the patience to make them tho lol. Lovely card too.
    Rach :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastyczny pomysł i kursik! Dziękuję i pozdrawiam:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, wow, wow. You are just so good at these Lee!! Fabulous tutorial, and you take brilliant photos - just the right amount of information. I will definitley have a go at these - thank you :)
    P.S. See, you make terrific cards too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. another perfect tutorial Lee...wow those daisies are so beautiful I can almost smell them
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab tutorial Lee and the finished daisies are amazing, love them!!!
    Love Jayne. x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant tutorial, beautiful flowers
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow amazing tutorial. I am not having much luck yet with my flowers!!!!!!!They look like they need a doctor!!!!! But i will keep on trying and see if i can get better at it!!!!!! You sure know how to make gorgeous flowers!!!!! Way to go my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...fab tut! Always love your flowers. thanks for sharing :-) xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow......another fab tutorial sweetie.....these are delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What can I say, you are so clever - another great flower & a fab tut to go with it! Please now make up a tutorial showing us all how to make another couple of hours for each day so we can spend more time crafting...PLEASE? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute flower came out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card with a beautiful flower! Thanks for the tutorial!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous flower. So pretty. Am defo going to have a go at that one. By the way did you make the card. It's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lee, you done it again another brilliant tutorial so clear, can't wait to try these, thank you for sharing and i love the card its
    beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab tutorial Lee, they are gorgeous flowers.
    You are the queen of handmade flowers :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow wow wow......simply fabulous....thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely 100% gorgeos lee. Will deffo be giving that a go x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely 100% gorgeos lee. Will deffo be giving that a go x

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh wow how super you really are a flower expert and your tutorials make it look sooooo easy thank you for sharing with us happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lee, your flowers are gorgeous, babe....your are the Queen of Making Flowers, they are all wonderful!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    Ps....wow your nails are lovely, wish mine grow that long :o)....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic Tut again Lee! these flowers are beautiful. Guess the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals will be going on my ever expanding shopping list lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic Tut again Lee! these flowers are beautiful. Guess the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals will be going on my ever expanding shopping list lol

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Lee you put us all to shame! ;-) I adore all your tutorials and one day I will get round to following your instructions and seeing how I get on :-) You are making the tattered florals dies more and more attractive to me!
    I also wanted to say thank you so much for your support of my blog and your kind words on docrafts-they really meant a lot to me and it helps to know people care :-)
    Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hiya well you have put me to shame as well I have had this die since last year and done nothing with it, these are just stunning, I need to get my finger out.
    Are you going to the Kings Hall.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  37. excellent tut Lee - I've seen loads of paper flower tuts and always thought "oh I cba going to all that trouble" but these look easy enough for me to do
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. OM Goodness Lee! These are amazing!! I'm gobsmacked and trust me I'm never usually speechless! I LOVE THESE FLOWERS!!! You should sell them - I'll buy some

    Big Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are amazing Lee and your tutorial is excellent, very easy to follow! When I first came to your blog and saw the picture of the daisy I thought it was real! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my! these are simply GORGEOUS Lee!! I wonder, do you know if the TIm Holtz die's work with the Quickutz Revolution machine? I love the design! Thanks for sharing your beautiful designs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lee: You are such an awesome teacher - your tutorials are amazingly detailed and helpful. I just got my Tattered Florals at JoAnns and I absolutely LOVE them. I cut some out of dictionary paper and inked them - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing even more inspiration.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Lee, love these stunning flowers, I will definately be trying this. Thanx for another amazing tut.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi lee thanks for stopping by my blog and wow stunning flower and thanks for the info and photos of how you made it, will have too give them ago. hugs from diva

    ReplyDelete
  44. How pretty. Love these. Thanks for showing us how! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. So pretty Lee. Thanks for the tut
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lee...these daisies are absolutely stunning. Thank you for the tutorial, I will certainly be having a go at these.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am just in AWE of your creative genius Lee!! That flower is amazing - and those details of how you made the center - and then the petal embossing is amazing!!! Beautiful leaves, beautiful details - gorgeous creation!! Thank you for your beautiful tutorial! Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Lee what a fab flower, just love it. Love the way you did the center..
    Love, Marleen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Trying yet again to leave comment on your beautiful flower.xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. OMG,it worked yaaaaaay.Great tut.Love your flower so Gorgeous.hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful flower and great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I didn't see this kind of cuts in our store, and i am totally crazy over flowers. I have some daisy punches. Your tutorial is fantastic, and don't worry about messy hands. We all crafters know, you can't stay prefect if you work with the ink.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have this TH set and my flowers never look this good, lol!! Thanks so much for the tutorial - I'm going to revisit my dies and put them to work again :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Have just found your blog from "Scrapbook Sisters" and what a find! Have an unfinished layout that I wanted a different flower for - your daisy tutorial is just the thing. Thanks for the inspiration :) Wendy P

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh Lee, these are just drop dead gorgeous!!! I am becoming a follower as soon as I post this!! Already had you on my favorites bar... your work is simply stunning!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  56. Another fab tutorial Lee! I think I might even manage to do this!
    Thanks for that!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gosh - this flower really is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Mornin' what a fantastic tutorial. Thanks so much...I do love that die but I will try with the one I already have. Thank you for the comments you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  59. These are stunning - thanks for the tut as well
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Lee,
    Great tutorial and the daisy are as gorgeous as all your other flowers,fabulous work.....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  61. This flower is stunning! Thanks for the great tutorial... I think I'll need to go make a purchase for T.H.'s tattered floral die set! S;o)

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Lee - what a brilliant tutorial , and very timely for me, as I have to make a wedding card with daisies on it - you must be psychic! Thanks so much for sharing. xx Jill B

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fabulous tutorial! You do make the most amazing flowers! Glad I could make you smile today LOL! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh wow thank you so much for the tutorial, i'll give it a go, as i have the tattered florals and yet i hardly use them 1!!, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow just so gorgeous,fab tutorial
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  66. stunning tutorial TFS
    Hugs Kate xx
    good luck in my candy draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lee these are beautiful... I just bought that die and you make it look so easy, but I don't think mine will look like yours! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous flowers with us and the how-to's!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Helloooooo! Anybody out there??!! Hey....there you are! Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by my Blog. Lee x